Monday, April 18, 2016

God Has A Plan!



Have you ever sat, pondering over your life and felt that where you are in life was not apart of your plans?! This has often been a struggle for me.  I would sit and think about all of the grandiose plans I made for myself when I was a young adult and compare those plans to where I am now.  My life currently looks nothing like the life I planned all those years ago.  But, life happens and things don't always go as planned.  As I sat and thought about things, I would be discouraged and begin to have a pity party.  One day, God led me to Jeremiah 29:11, which says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This verse has been very encouraging to me.  It tells me that just because my plans didn't work doesn't mean my life can't still be great.  God has plans for me and His plans are far greater than anything I could have ever imagined.  He has a purpose for everything that I have been through and all of my shortcomings, for all of my accomplishments and all of the things that I didn't accomplish. God can take what I see as failure and turn it into something amazing.  "Now unto Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think. according to the power that works in us" Ephesians 3:20.   

All I have to do is put my trust in Him.  Trust that regardless of  how it looks, I am right where God wants me to be at this time.  Trust that as long as I am in God's will doing what He wants me to do, in due time I will reap a harvest.  I have learned that God does not do things the way we may think he should.  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways" Isaiah 55:8.  God doesn't always take us in a straight line to get us from point A to point B.  He sometimes takes us through hills and valleys.  In our eyes it may seem like things aren't working out or falling into place.  But in God's eyes, we are right where He wants us.

If you're struggling today with where you are in life, just know that God does have a plan.  Even if you may have fallen off and gotten off track in your walk, God can meet you where you are and get you back on course.  Seek God and Trust His Plan.  It will all work out in the end!

With Gallons of Love,

J.G. 





2 comments:

  1. Lord knows this is a real struggle for me! Seems like I have days like this every week! But the other half of my soul (Gerold) always reminds me that everyone has their own path and I am right where I should be! Our life is not our own but I'm glad there's a GOD that keeps it on the TRUE path because my sense of direction is all off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about your sense of direction being off lol. I feel that way at times too. But that's when we have to seek God and ask him to lead us!

    ReplyDelete