Thursday, November 12, 2015

Dinner & Devotion Date Night!




For the past month and a half, my husband and I have started a new tradition of having a Dinner & Devotion Date Night!  One night per week we sit down to a candle lit dinner that we have prepared together.  Well actually I usually prepare dinner on these nights and hubby will help if I ask for assistance lol.  We eat and talk about our day and afterwards we have devotion!  It's nothing fancy, we just pick a devotion out of one of my daily devotion books.  We pray, read the scripture and the author's explanation, then we have a discussion.  We discuss important points that were made, lessons learned, and how we will apply it to our lives.  We then pray and ask God to help us put into practice what we have learned.  Afterwards, we usually just hang out at home and watch movies/t.v. together.

I look forward to our Dinner & Devotion Date Night every week.  It's a chance for me to spend quality time with My God and My Guy at the same time.  I enjoy my devotion time everyday but it's extra special when I get a chance to share it with my husband!  We are learning a lot and we feel as though we are growing individually and as a couple.  It is my prayer that we always keep God at the center of our relationship because a three-stranded cord is not easily broken Ecc 4:12.

So, I encourage wives and husbands to start having a Dinner & Devotion Date Night with your significant other once per week.  It will be a wonderful time spent with the two most important people in your life...Your God and Your Spouse!

With Gallons of Love,

J.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment